It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Getting a little tired of this...

Some back history for the start of my blog. At the beginning of this year, I was looking into further education past by NCSC level 2 certificate (AS level equivalents). The Open Theological College, from the University of Gloucestershire appeared ideal. Internet/email based curriculum, etc, etc. So I sent off for an application form, thinking all would be well and this would be fairly easy. I'm told that they're revamping it, and they'll send it in August.

I shrug, pretty much complete my NCSC level 2, and then wait. By the second week of August, I email to ask if they've sent it off yet, they say yes, but request my information so they can send off a second on. Ironically, they both arrive within a day of each other, or possibly on the same day, one dated 1st August, the other dated the 22nd of Auguust, in the beginning of September. Can't blame them for the inefficiencies of the Cyprus and British postal services, so I try very hard not to.

I complete the form, send off passport photos, and wait. We ordered all the books that the bookshop they recommended said I needed. And wait some more. Finally I get in contact with them about my Student ID number--it is moderately important so that I can logon, pay them money for this, etc, etc. Not impressed that it still hasn't arrived. In fact, I've been emailed by three of my tutors now, all of whom say that I've not been sent one yet. The've promised by phone that I will have it 'soon' or 'within 1-2 weeks' and now I just want to start it.

However, two weeks ago, they did send me the beginnings of most of the modules, and to my complete and utter unimpressedness, they had two books that they hadn't listed anywhere else. One of which is still in print, and arrived today, so (thank you Lord!) I can start the beginnings of this today. The other is out of print and has to be special-ordered from them. Not impressed with this either. Please Lord, just let me get this started....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home