It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Cypriots are...

Cypriots are among the most inefficient people I've ever met. I guess it's the mediterranean attitude. Thursday we went into the computer shop to order a high-speed decent laserjet printer--our current one is dying by inches, was out of toner, and since I was paying half, the remaining half was about the cost of a new cartridge. The company that we were buying from said their stockist 'absolutely guaranteed it' by 'Friday evening at the latest'. Cynic that I am, I thought that Saturday afternoon it would be in. Desperately wanted to print out the stuff for OTC, so Saturday would be okay.

WRONG. Monday. Maybe. Perhaps. There's a chance. Honestly, I get to the point where I wonder why on earth the company manages to survive. In the UK (I'm originally a B'ummie) if such a thing happened every single darn time something was ordered, the company would be out of business in short order. But no, the Cypriots just shrug. Part of me wants to scream at them that they can keep their stuff, I'm not going to pay, particularly when the fact that we're buying locally adds a significant premium to buying in the UK (Even if you add shipping via UPS, buying some bits would still be cheaper in the UK) but part of me just says 'gotta get used to it'. Ah, well, life goes on. Even if I do want to go to Nicosia and punch the head of the company that imports HP printers to the island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home