It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Monday, October 23, 2006

At least a partial...

At least a partial 'thank you Lord' today, the printer has arrived, and is now nicely set up, printing in Economode for me, so I can print out the first few bits of my OTC course work. In fact, I 'ave Unit 1: 'Getting Started' sitting on the arm of my chair as we speak. Definitely well worth it, I hit print, 20 seconds later, I'm holding a sheaf of 10 pages. LOVE LOVE LOVE the speed of this printer. Does anyone get the impression that I'm rather impatient as of yet? Dad, who's fairly up in the printing side of things, is rather impressed... supposedly the new printer does PostScript, so we're going to have to plug it into one of the iBooks to see if we can persuade it to print PostScript--evidently Windows is so inferior as it only does PCL for this printer. Ah, well, if the Windows machine can share it well enough for me to print wirelessly, I'm pretty happy. :)

Did ring the OTC hotline this morning. The book which wasn't mentioned anywhere until I recieved the word document versions of the course modules has been sent, and they're kindly sending it with their compliments rather than cashing the cheque that we sent for it. Very nice of them, but I still have no blessed Student ID number. By the end of the week, aparently, although my current experiences suggest that that means within the end of the next six months, as I was told within 1-2 weeks... uhm... about a month ago. Would really like to get online to this WebCT business... am a little mystified that they cannot set up all of the students who are currently ID-less with testing accounts which can be merged into our new ones when we get 'em. Some how feel that I'm probably more technically aware than them (I mean, using Word files for sending around and out is sooooooo dated. And insecure. And unstable. And unfriendly with the rest of the known non-Windows universe.... ah well) but I suspect they must have someone vaguely technically competent around. Sincerely hope so. I am a tech-guru in my spare time (occasionally even earning a wee bit of money while doing so) so find these things very frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home