It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Really starting...

I'm really starting to get into this daily blogging stuff a bit. Quite a novel sensation really.

Update re course, last night we went to the Post Office, hoping against hope that the book that should have been posted 2 weeks ago had arrived. It hadn't. I'll prolly go tomorrow morning to have a look and see if it's arrived.

In other news, I've got a wedding to play for on Thursday, which is my first official job as the newly instated Parish Organist... and I won't know the music til tomorrow. Rather short notice, really. Really hope they don't want Parry's Jerusalem, which we seem to get an inordinate number of times a year both for weddings and Funerals. Aparently expatriates tend to want to hear it as it makes them feel home sick. It makes me feel sick alright, but definitely not home-sick.... Not only are the words lousy, but the music is worse. And a right pain to accompany too, what's more.

Am drather glad that I don't have to have an 'induction ceremony' for the job of Parish Organist like vicars do. You know, installing them in the chair, or in this case would that be the organist's bench?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home