It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

University for British people living in Europe

I've not posted here in a while, but I thought I'd put some information up here that I discovered on my recent trip to the UK that I couldn't find anywhere else in the UK.

I visited Birmingham University's open day for the primary reason for trying to find out about what funding is available for British students who live abroad (and also to see if I wanted to transfer into their Theology course) as we live in the limit where we're eligible for a grant if I count as a British Student. Everyone who I had contacted prior to that had said they thought I probably counted as a European Student.

The Birmingham University people were unsure and put me in contact with a group--I'll put contact details up for them when I find them. These are the people responsible for all european students in the UK, I believe.

What they told me was because I was born in the UK and then spent at least a couple of years there, there is no legal reason for an LEA (Local Education Authority) to refuse funding to me. Every LEA acts slightly differently and they were unsure, but this is the end result: I /should/ be eligible for a grant. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home