It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sometimes I wonder...

I know, two updates in under 24 hours, what is the world coming to? Well I'm starting to wonder if I'm smart enough for parts of this course. The current module that I'm working for an essay on is called: Making sense of the modern world. It's about modernism and postmodernism, how the enlightenment ushered in first modernism and postmodernism, and how christian mission and culture should reflect secular culture and how it should be evangelised. All important fascinating stuff, but very confusing! Four books open at the same time trying to make sense of it. Fortunately when I get puzzled I just go to wikipedia as that has some great stuff in the language of the lay-man rather than deep philosophical science.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Newmark said...

Hi Tim. Could you a have a look at http://jimnewmark.blogspot.com/? I am a doctor in Bradford in the UK and have been with the OTC for nine years now, working through the Certificate and Diploma Levels and now within sight of the Degree. It has been a great course and the OTC is fine, but there are BIG problems with the University which are likely to affect you. You can email me on jim@jabt.demon.co.uk

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home