It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Anglican matters...

The url for my blog is 'cyprus anglican' so I thought I'd write some stuff about my position in the church here. I'm the Organist and choir director, and this sunday we have not one, but TWO special services coming up. In the Morning we are running a special service known as 'Music Sunday' in which we are celebrating the wide diversity of music which God has given us to praise Him with. We're ranging from the Old Hundreth ('All people that on earth do dwell') through modern classical choral (A unison setting of Rutter's 'Look at the World'--my choir isn't exactly up to complicated parts yet,) Graham Kendrick ('We believe in God the Father', makes a good creed!) A Broadway show tune ('Any Dream Will Do') and lots more besides. :) It's going to be good fun.

The evening service is going to be full-on Victorian Choral Evensong. We weren't able to get the Magnificat chanted, so we are going to do 'Tell Out My Soul'. We are going to chant the Nunc Dimmitis and the versicles, however. Unfortunately we don't have any choir robes, so we cannot be robed. The organ also is unlikely to handle the strain well, so I'm hoping to drive home the point that we need a new instrument. This sunday we are starting what is going to be our lenten appeal--replacing our organ. At 25 years old, it's getting really rather nasty.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Heh, Tim, any mention of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, or any of it's songs, and I always think of you now! I bet you had fun yesterday morning?

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home