It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Monday, April 07, 2008

From the long land of no updates

8 months between blog posts. I am a seriously awful blogger.

OTC has been going fairly well--I am on the last two modules of the first segment (leading to the Certificate of Higher Education), Old Testament 2 and the final module: Making Sense of Reflective Practice which has, in truth, been interesting.

Next year I am off to the UK to study at a 'real' university, namely Newman University College to study Theology for Education. It's gonna be fun, I think, Theology and Educational placements in schools... what more could I ask for? :)

I originally applied to do Primary Education as a teacher trainee but was unsuccessful. First thing to note for EU students considering studying Primary Education in the UK--get experience in a UK government school. That's what they're looking for and why I was unsuccessful at three different places.

God, who is, after all, totally awesome in a remarkably huge number of ways had a better plan. Having spent time these past few months working at American Academy Junior school and thoroughly enjoying doing so, working with kids and young people has become one of the things I really enjoy. But Theology remains a passion and an abiding interest in my life. So rather than getting to do Theology full time, or Education full time, God managed to wangle a way to get me to do both. Really, really cool.

I'm getting in contact with the University as there's a chance I can apply in as a second year student. Tough decision whether or not I actually go in as a second year student or whether I go in as a first year. I'm leaning towards going in as a first at the moment, particularly as my other news is awesome.

I spoke to the Birmingham local Authority today and they told me I count as a British student, and as such... I'm definitely eligible for funding as a British Student! Which should mean I'm eligible for a complete maintenance grant.

Anne Ellis, the director of the Bournville Young Singers the choir I sang with in my younger years and one of the things I missed incredibly much when moving to Cyprus, contacted me recently asking if I'm available to help them out as a pianist for next year, having mentioned that I was available as an emergency pianist, I might be helping them out weekly, which would be awesome.

Everything is slotting into place incredibly, now all we need is to book our flights back to the UK in early July...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home