It's about time too...

A blog about my (somewhat impatient and somewhat trying) experiences trying to start my BA in Theology through the Open Theological College via the University of Gloucestershire.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Look at me...

I've just finished the first three modules. Talk about last minute--I was up til 11:30 last night getting one essay done, then this morning fixing all the last bits that needed doing. Now I'm exhausted and have a long afternoon ahead of me. I was bouncy and excited for about 5 minutes and now am just feeling really tired and old.

What have I learned from this course so far?
Firstly--I'm not a serious academic. I enjoy academia and theology, but I would get driven stir-crazy if I tried to do this long term. I need to find a job which involves people. Teaching is an ever-present option.
Secondly--I need to start writing assignments way in advance, and take massive copious notes of all the quotes I like. What took longest for my assignments was finding all the quotes I needed and footnoting. Fortunately I read VERY fast.
Thirdly--music helps. I listen to music almost constantly when I'm working. I LOVE my iPod as no matter what I'm doing, I can have music on. :)
Fourthly--Chocolate also helps. I come from bourneville, I'm a chocoholic. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home